Ok so this is a quick post and I wanted to do this one cause for the past few weeks this has been my staple for lunch. I just don have the time to cook some thing elaborate so I love a pot meat that has every thing in it!
If you like flavored rice then this one is a big yes yes!!
- Tomatoes – 3 large (shopped into small cubes)
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small ( 1inch )
- Dry Chilly – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 1 large ( chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp ( optional)
- Salt – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/3 tsp
- Heat oil in a cooker and add cinnamon stick. Once it begins ti sizzle, add mustard seeds. As soon as they crackle add the dry chilly.
- Then add onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry till nice and golden brown
- Then add the tomatoes + chilly powder and turmeric power to the onion fry and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Once the tomatoes are done add the rice, water and salt.
- Cover the cooker with its lid and wait for three whistles
- Once done let it cook off in the cooker.
- Serve hot along with a curry or pappad or a simple raita