Chicken! Don we all love a simple nice baked chicken? Like always Friday nights call for a nice treat and this time I dint wanna make anything too rich and unhealthy. So I made a sticky spicy baked chicken which was pretty much all that we had for dinner.
- Chicken – 1 kg ( i used only legs and breast pieces)
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Soy Sauce – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp ( I used brown sugar)
- Honey – 1/4th cup
- Chilly Powder – 3 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paster – 1 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Clean the chicken well and drain water
- Then in a bowl add salt to 2 cups water and mix well. Then add the cleaned chicken into the water and let it sit for half n hour. I do this step every time I bake chicken so that it remains nice and juicy. Usually when you bake chicken it tends to get a little dry. This step helps the chicken remain nice and moist
- While the chicken rests in the salt water, in another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients apart from corn flour and water
- Mix well to for a nice dark runny sauce. This is your marinade. Add a little salt at this stage. Also check if you want a little more heat in the marinade.
- Once the chicken is ready, soak the chicken into the marinade for 2 hours or over night in the fridge
- Once you are ready to bake, pre heat your oven to 180C and line your baking tray with foil
- Now arrange the chicken on the baking tray and let it cook for 20 mins
- After 20 mins, turn the chicken pieces over and let it bake for another 10 mins
- During the baking time, in a sauce pan heat the remaining marinade (after taking the chicken out) . mix corn flour with the water and add to the hot marinade. Once you see the mixture thickening, stir continuously and then switch off the flame
- Once the chicken has baked, pull of out of the oven and brush with the corn flour mixed marinade.
- Place all the pieces on your serving dish and serve while nice and hot
- Enjoy 🙂