Hello my wonderful readers! How have you all been? I have ben down with a horrible fever and cold again! and this time it resulted in a horrible syncs attack too! argue. As I type out this post I have a big box of tissues near me and a hot mug of rassam. Now that is why I haven’t ben able to cook or post anything this week.
Tomorrow is Onam! My little baby is going to celebrate his first Onam and I am so excited! I can’t wait to go to my moms place for all the good food. I will try to take a few photos of the spread.
Till then I would like to share the recipe for this hot hot green chili fritter.
- Banana green Chilli – 10 – 15( slit vertically)
- Gram Flour – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Chilly Powder – 1 tsp ( or according to taste)
- Cooking Soda – just a pinch
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Mix gram flour , chilly powder, soda, ginger – garlic paste together in a bowl
- Then add water little at a time. Make a nice thick paste. Just enough to coat the chilli when dipped into it ( it shouldn’t be runny)
- Then add salt and taste the batter to make sure you have enough there
- Now heat oil in a khadai or a heavy bottom wok
- Now dip the chillies individually into the flour batter and fry till nice and golden brown
- Let them sit on a kitchen towel or tissue paper to drain out the excess oil
- Serve hot with chilly chutney or tomato sauce