I love street food but like I said, I am very very scared of falling sick. Time and again I have tried street style food and some how I manage to fall sick 5 out of 10 times. So it takes me a while to taste food off the road. Once such drink is the Kulukki Sherbat. My friend in Kerala was kind enough to make me a glass of this wonderful drink 2 years ago and from then on I have been in love with this drink. It is the perfect blend of sweet, sour and spicy!
- Pineapple – 1/2 cup (chopped to fine pieces)
- Lime Juice – from 3 limes
- Sabja Seeds / Basil Seeds – 2tbsp (washed and soaked for 10 mins)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (chopped fine)
- Green Chilli – 1 ( chopped fine)
- Honey – 3 – 4 tbsp ( or according to taste)
- Water – 1.2 lt (cold)
- Ice cubes – as required
- In a bottle add lemon juice, honey, ginger and chilli. Put the cap on the bottle and give it a nice shake for 5 seconds
- Then add the rest of the ingredients including the ice cubes. Put the cap back on the bottle and give it a nice shake again for one minute
- Serve right away over ice cubes!!
Use fresh ingredients for a refreshing drink!!