Ok, so this post in not a recipe one but it does involve food and mostly vegetables and fruits. We live in a world where everything is genetically altered, sprayed and doused in fertilisers and chemicals that are not just harmful to you and me but to our planet as a whole!
Have you ever wondered why certain mixtures or compounds where never found on this planet? Why it took “MAN”s intelligence to make them and how all these diverse new “inventions” have only lead to the depletion of that one element that we got for free? Our wonderful planet. I believe that there was a reason why god put fossil fuels so deep into the ground. I believe there is a reason why we breath in oxygen and plants do the opposite. There is a reason why we live and we die. There is a reason why fruits are seasonal and why rice grows in such big quantities! The reason is “Balance”. Balance in every aspect is so critical!
Like the chair you are sitting in today. If that chair wasn’t manufactured or made with the balance your weight out correctly then the purpose of that chair is defeated. Like that little honey bee gathering honey and in turn help with more fruits and flower. If we didn’t have bees we wouldn’t have fruits and in turn no flowers and therefor no bees! If you did not know how to balance then you would never walk. If you did not have a job or a hobby then life would seem like a constant train of mundane activities that happen much like a robot taught to do specific deeds at set instructions. Life is a very delicate balance. And the faster we realise it, the better we can teach our children and the more they will learn to respect what they have.
While we could try and save what is left of the planet and as a foodie I try my best to do so. Some times I buy fruits and vegetable from local famers and I know they use a lot of pesticides and insecticides and fertilisers. So this is how I wash my vegetable and fruits.
What you will need:-
- Water – 4 lts
- Veggys / Fruits – 2 kgs ( in this case I used ladies fingers and 4 tomatoes)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Rock Salt – 1 tsp
- First wash the vegetable in running water for close to 5 min ( first flush with tap open high for 60 secs and then low)
- Now collect 4 lts water in a large vessel like the one in the photo
- Add turmeric powder and mix into the water
- Now add your vegetable and immerse them in the water and let them remain in there for 1 – 2 hours
- Later drain the water out, rub rock salt over the vegetable and wash vigirously in running water
- Finally drain all the water and set aside to dry or pat dry