Its been drizzling all night and morning and the cold wind seems to some how find its way through shut doors and windows. I can hear a bird call out and my neighbour sneeze every now and then. Yes winter is very close. The light in my dining room is a shade of blue and grey and my white marble floor seems to look like two men blowing plumes of smoke at each other. The only thing moving is yellow toy tortoise that my son refuses to let go of. Yes my morning looks like a bottle of grey paint was splashed on a big ball of cotton!
So while I am deciding what to bake and make for this week I felt an urge to make banana bread. But it would be nicer if I could transform the same flavours into a bowl of healthy oats right? So that is how this bowl came about. This is my healthy yet flavourful bowl of breakfast banana and oats.
- Oats – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts – as much as you like
- Banana – 1 sliced
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Bowl milk in a bowl on low flame and add oats
- Once the milk comes to a bowl, reduce the heat and cook till the milk reduces and the oats is nice and thick
- Now pour the cooked oats into a bowl
- Start from one end and add walnuts, bananas, sprinkle coconut sugar and cinnamon powder at the end
- Serve right away!