Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
How are you all doing? How has the weekend been so far? It’s Sunday and we decided to stay home so I made a quick dip and some hot pita bread to enjoy as we watch reruns of ‘The Game of Thrones’ (can’t wait for April for the next season). The recipe for my home made pita bread can be found here Home made Whole Wheat Pita Bread. Dill has been in season for some time now so I made a few gyros too! I will post the recipe soon. For now this is my home made simple Tzatziki Sauce / Taziki Dip.
- Plain Yogurt – 2 cups
- Fresh Dill leaves – 1 cup (cleaned, dried and chopped)
- English Cucumber – 2 ( grated fine)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (paste)
- Lime – 1 (juice of one lime)
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – a pinch
- In a large muslin cloth dump all the yogurt
- Then bring the sides of the cloth together to form a nice ball and tie it up and hang over a small bowl. This is essential cause you really do not want a watery dip
- Leave this apparatus to rest for 15 – 30 mins (depends on how watery the yogurt is)
- Now in large strainer, add the grated cucumber and slowly press the cucumber flesh down with the back of the spoon
- This will help release all the water from the cucumber
- Let the cucumber drain for as long as 15 mins
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic, dill leaves, salt, pepper and lime
- After the yogurt and cucumber have drained out completely mix with the garlic and dill leaves
- Give a nice mix and add salt accordingly
- Your Tzatziki is ready! Drizzle a little olive oil over the top before you serve!