Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
So guess what!! This morning when I opened up WordPress I had this small little message pop up, wishing me ‘A Happy Anniversary’!! Yay!!
I cannot believe that its been one year since I started this baby! It still feels like yesterday when I asked my husband if he thought it was a good idea that I write down the recipes and photograph the food I make at home. From that day, to date, my dear husband has always been my inner voice and has always helped me with every post! Yes we are still in the “honeymoon” phase of the marriage. LOL.
Ok so this smoothie is such an easy drink to make and its actually just the addition of oats that makes it super filling. The figs and dates give it a very sweet yet fruity flavour and I absolutely love it.
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 + 1/2 cup ( Cold milk)
- Dried Figs – 9
- Dates – 13 ( you can add or decrease according to taste) – deseeded
- Saffron strands – 1 good pinch ( more of garnish)
- Ice Cubes – 5 – 10
- In a small mug, add two table spoons of milk and heat to warm
- Then add the saffron strands to the warm milk and set aside (this is to infuse the saffron in the milk)
- Now in the bowl of your blender, add oats, rest of the milk, figs, and dates
- Blend well to combine
- Finally add the saffron infused milk and strands
- Blend for another 2 mins
- Serve right away