Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
How have you all been? I really miss blogging as often as I did before and I wish there was a way out, but there is just so much happening that every post is pretty much a miracle. Even food seems to come from every where else but my kitchen! We have had cousins over and new plans on our minds and the little one seems to get a little more naughty every passing day. Also I don’t know how many of you feel it, but when its this hot, I just can’t get my self to cook. I feel like my kitchen is a furnace and unless it really necessary (meaning my son’s food) I make excuses to sit under a fan and drink some ice cold water! So as part of the salad craze that I had last week, I made this once for a Friday night dinner and let me tell you , it was awwwwweeeessssoommmeee!! The crunchy vegetables and the perfect soft yet spicy tofu was just the best thing to have on a warm summer evening.
Ingredients for the Teriyaki Sauce
- Water – 2 cups ( remove 2 tbsp of water separately in a bowl)
- Soya Sauce – 2/3rd cup
- Dark Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup ( add more if you like it sweeter)
- Crushed Ginger – 2 tbsp
- Crushed Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 Heap Tbsp
- In a sauce pan, mix water and soya sauce and bring to a boil
- Then add the brown sugar, ginger, garlic and stir well
- Now let the mixture boil for 15 mins ( this will being out the flavours from the ginger and garlic)
- After 15 mins, mix the corn flour with the 2 tbsp of water separately. Mix well
- Add the corn flour mixture to the soya sauce and water mixture
- Finally boil the mixture for another 10 mins
- It will turn into a thick sauce
- Your teriyaki sauce is ready
Instructions for the Noodles :-
- Heat water in a pot and cook noodles according to the instructions on the pack.
- Once the noodles are ready and drained, add 1.4 of the prepared teriyaki sauce to the noodles and give it a good toss
Ingredients for the Tofu
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Silken Tofu – 1 block ( we love silken tofu cause of its cheesy texture but you can use any tofu that you like)
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsps
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
Instructions for the Tofu
- Pre heat your oven to 200C and line a baking tray with foil
- Brush the silver foil with some sesame oil and set aside
- In another bowl, cut the tofu and insert skewers into the tofu and arrange evenly over the prepared foil lined baking tray
- Spoon the prepared Teriyaki Sauce over the tofu and let it rest for 15 mins ( while the oven pre heats). Sprinkle some sesame seeds and some sesame oil over there tofu for extra flavour
- Once the oven is ready, pop the tray into the oven and roast for 45 mins at 200C
- After the tofu is ready, prepare a salad bowl with all your favourite vegetables.
- Line the bottom with the teriyaki noodles and place the tofu skewers over the noodles!
- Ready to Dig IN!!