Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
How have you all been? Its getting chilly here in Bengaluru because of the rains and the morning weather is so inviting – just to have a cup of tea and blog while the baby sleeps. So this time I am back with a “de-clutter” sort of recipe. So you know how you buy pizzas from well known pizza chains and they give you a bunch of those small oregano and chili flake pouches? So we had friends over last weekend and since I was in no mood to cook anything, we ordered in pizza and with it came 10 to 20 sachets of spice mix and seasoning. So when all the cleaning was done with, I did not wanna throw them out. Instead I decided to use it in a quick week day dinner recipe. Its really simple and it does not take much time to put together. This recipe is for the perfect warm, week day dinner that doesn’t involve any prep and tastes great with some multi grain bread or hummus and pita.
Ingredients for the chicken :-
- Chicken Breast – 1 kg
- Dry Oregano – 4 tbsp
- Chili Flakes – 2 tbsp (more if you like it spicy)
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- In a large bowl combine oregano + chili flakes + cinnamon powder + apple cider vinegar + honey and salt
- Mix well to form a nice wet mixture
- Then add the cubed chicken pieces. Coat the chicken well with the spice mix and pop into the fridge for an hour
- When you are ready to make the chicken, pre-heat your oven to 200 C
- Skewer the chicken evenly and brush lightly with some chili oil
- Grill for 45 min or till evenly charred on all sides of the chicken
- Serve right away with some lemon wedges and hot pita bread!
Mint Yogurt Dip – Ingredients :-
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Fresh Mint leaves – 1/2 cup chopped fine
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped fine and mashed with the back of the knife)
- In a bowl add all the ingredients
- Give it a good mix and garnish with some extra mint leaves
- To make home made chill oil, just heat up some oil and when its nice and hot pour into a bowl full of chili flakes ( 4 tbsp)
- Give it a good mix and set aside to rest
- Slowly the chili will infuse with the oil and give you a wonderfully red and spicy flavored oil!