My Dear Wonderful Readers
So we are finally settling in and most of my stuff are on the walls and inside the wardrobe and guess what? I am still out of space! LOL All the while I am thinking how did I store all this junk at the old place. Have you felt the same way too?
So I was online scrolling through my instagram account and I found that pumpkin is the thing every body wants to cook with. So i decided to join the fun and start off with a simple smoothie. This one is a no brainer and it really is a mixture of everything I would have on a daily basis just that instead of apples or other fruits I just added pumpkin puree. Now making the puree was actually really easy. It helps if you make a large batch and use whenever you need it. Not just in smoothies but in many more recipes. I will share those with you soon. But for now here is a fall inspired pumpkin smoothie.
- Pumpkin puree – 2 cups (scroll down for recipe)
- Oats – 2 cups
- Milk – 1/2 ltr ( or as much as you want)
- Coconut / Palm Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/2 tsp
- Banana – 2 (ripe)
- Almond flakes and chia seeds – just for the topping
- In the bowl of your blender, add the pumpkin puree, oats, palm sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg powder and bananas
- Turn you blender on and add as much milk as required
- Add in accordance to the consistency that you like
- Finally pour the smoothie into your glass and top with chia seeds and almond flakes
To make the pumpkin puree :-
- First wash and cut a medium sized pumpkin into 4 equal halves
- Then scoop out the seeds and innards of the pumpkin
- Bring a pot of water up to boil and slowly immerse the cut pumpkin into the water
- Boil for 10 – 15 ( depends on the size and ripeness) mins till the pumpkin is soft and tender ( use a spoon to pierce through the pumpkin to see if its done)
- Turn the heat off and drain the water from the pumpkin
- Let the it cool and then scoop out the flesh leaving only the skin
- Drain excess water by keeping all the flesh in a strainer and letting the water drain out completely
- Store in a clean container in the fridge till ready to use. I usually use it in a day or two.