Hello my dear wonderful readers!
How are you all doing? So now that all the festivities are done and my Diwali lights are down, this week has been about getting back to eating healthy and finishing off all the snacks and savouries from last week 😛
But today is Friday, and Friday translates to ‘unwind’ and ‘laugh out loud’. Every Friday night, I make a batch of french fries for the little one and some small eats for grown ups. Last week, I was at the store and I found passion fruit! So like all other crazy passion fruit enthusiasts I also bought lots!! So we have had juices, smoothies and now this. Fruit and alcohol is such a wonderful combination. This passion fruit based cocktail is just the simplest, refreshing and sweet drink you want with a nice fiery chicken!
This recipe is super simple and if you wanna know how I made the simple syrup this is how it was made. Just add two cups of sugar to 2 cups of water and boil. Then stir and reduce till the mixture thickens and becomes a nice thick liquid almost like honey! That’s your simple syrup !
- Passion Fruit – 2 cups of pulp
- Lime – 6
- Fresh Mint – few springs
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Ice – a few cubes
- Vodka – 240 Ml ( around 4 large pegs)
- Simple Syrup – 2 tbsp * per glass
- Soda – 500 Ml
- Juice the pulp of 2 cup of passion fruit in a blender with 1/2 cup of water
- In a glass, add 4 lime slices
- In a shaker, add passion fruit juice ( 1/2 cup) + vodka ( 1 large peg) + 2 ice cubes) + simple syrup ( 2 tbsp)
- Shake well and pour into the glass with lime slices
- Top it off with soda and fresh mint
- Serve right away!