Hello my dear wonderful readers!
How are you all doing today? I hope your weekend was fun. We had a quiet time this weekend. A little work but mostly lounging around the house and catching up on lost sleep. After my baking marathon in December, I decided to set new goals for myself with regard to my health. So I woke up early for a run and some work on the elliptical (cross) trainer and oh my god! My body hurts so bad!! hahahaha. Infact as soon as I got out of the gym I felt like I was walking on clouds 🙂 So funny. But on the bright side I could feel the blood rush to my face and now there is pinkish tinge that make me look, lets say “livelier” haha.
Anyway so today is Monday and we go meatless and eggless on Mondays. So this seemed to be the right post for today. This meal is so good and so healthy, you wont feel soo full and yet you would have the nutrition of a balanced meal.
The falafel is baked and not deep fried ( cause we did quite a lot of frying last few weeks) and I used a handsome amount of parsley, spinach, corinder and mint in the dish, to give the patty its nice green colour + they just taste really good. Served on a bed of lemony cucumber couscous along with some green salad and pickled beets which makes this dish just the best kind of meal that wont make you feel like you are missing out on anything.
- Boiled Chickpeas – 3 cups
- Spinach – 250 gms ( blanched )
- Flat Leaf Parsley – 1 cup
- Mint – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Coriander – 1 cup
- Garlic – 6 large cloves
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Seeds – 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- In the bowl of your blender, add all the ingredients
- Now with the speed on medium – blend to form a coarse mixture
- Scoop out a little and see if it holds shape – If not add 1 tsp of water and grind further
- Now pre heat your oven to 180
- Place a baking paper or silpat mat on the baking tray and set aside
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a table soon, slowly scoop out small balls and place on the prepared baking tray
- Using the back of a spoon push gently to flatten the tops
- Drizzle with olive oil just for the perfect crispness
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins or till they turn golden brown
- Once done, take them out of the oven and place to cool completely
- Serve with couscous or pita bread and with a salad of choice