Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!!
How have you all been??? I have missed cooking, photography and mostly posting and talking to you all! I feel like its been months since I blogged! 🙂
So last week was a full of ups and downs. The flight to Kerala was pleasant apart from the time my son started crying (coz his ears hurt) when the plane was descending. Then there was the ride home from Airport that was uneventful. But once we got there, we had to run a few tests in the hospital and when all was well, I was admitted the same day!
One the bright side, the surgery was a grand success and we were out the next day. But when I got back home, I was told that my son was down with high fever and till today, he is nursing a horrible cold and chest congestion. Anyway, now that I am back home, it gives us more time with each other and hopefully all will get back to normal soon. Now this recipe is something I put together last night and hoped it would turn out well and trust me it did!!!
Mangoes are in season now and I plan to make the most of this delicious fruit. So please bear with me if your see mango posts back to back 🙂
For the Chia layer –
- Chia Seeds – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rose Essence – 2 drops
For the Golden Layer –
- Mango – 1 ( ripe and cubed)
- Banana – 1 ( ripe)
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Oats – 4 tbsp
- Milk – just a splash
- In a glass jar with a high lid, add chia seeds, milk and rose essence
- Close the jar tightly and give it a good shake
- Put it in the fridge to set over night
- For the next layer, you should make it just before you assemble the smoothie
- In the bowl of your blender, add the mango, banana, turmeric and oats
- The turn on the blender and add just enough milk to get the mixture to combine ( You want the smoothie to be nice and thick in order to get these distinct layers
- Finally equally divide the mango smoothie into two glasses
- Then with a spoon, top-up the mango layer with the over night chia layer
- Finally garnish with some dry rose petals and any fruit of your choice ( I used kiwi)
- Serve right away when cold!!