How are you guys doing?? So I am not going to go on about how hot Bangalore is! All I can say is that these popsicles are the best thing to have in this heat!!! I haven’t added any sweetening or colouring agent to them. All natural and clean. They are the perfect quick escape from the heat. It is basically just a watermelon juice that was promoted to a fancy pants popsicle. The addition of rose water make them sweeter and fresher. You could add any kind of fruit but I love watermelon and kiwi together. Also if you want your could juice the kiwi too, but I like the way the kiwi pops out through the watermelon so thats why I just sliced it and added it into the juice.
There is so much you can do if you have a good popsicle mould. Yes ice creams could also be poured into these mould to make soft, creamy, cold ice creams. But hey we are just getting started with summer right? I also have a recipe for an easy Mango and Almond Chip Ice Cream and a Melon Granita. So this is another one you must try. They are s easy to make and super “Kid” friends. I give my son one a day :0)
You could add sugar or honey if you like, but if the watermelon is sweet, then why bother! Also you could mix it up a bit by adding a little lemon juice. ok so on to the recipe –
- Watermelon – 4 cups ( deseeded and cubed)
- Rose water or rose essence – 1/2 tsp
- Kiwi – 1 (sliced)
- In the bowl of your blender add the watermelon and rose water
- Blend to make a smoothie juice
- Pour into your popsicle moulds
- Add the sliced kiwi pieces
- Pop into the freezer and let it set for 15 min
- Then take them out and insert the popsicle sticks
- Freeze till nice and firm.
- To un-mould dip the mould in hot water for 5 secs and pull them out gently from the mould