Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!!
How are you all? So, i know it’s only February but it sure feels like summer out here and we have started making lots more smoothies and juices. So this morning we had a simple grape and yogurt smoothie.
Now I am not really sure why people do not like grapes as much as I do. I know strawberries and blueberries have their own exotic appeal, but the humble grape is a wonderfully healthy fruit. Grapes are high in antioxidants. Infact any fruit or vegetable that has a dark skin (like purple, dark red etc.) are said to be high in antioxidants and good for the heart. Grapes are excellent at regulating high blood pressure and preventing heart related diseases. They contain high amounts of fiber and potassium. Whats more they do wonders for your skin too. Today I have paired them with vanilla yogurt, oats and bananas to make it a full meal in itself.
- Grapes – 3 cups ( seedless, cleaned and de stemmed)
- Oats – 3 tbsp
- Bananas – 2 small ( chopped and frozen)
- Yogurt – 2 cups (vanilla flavoured or regular)
- Milk – as required ( depends on how thick on thin you like it)
- Honey – 2 tbsp ( optional depending on the sweetness of the grapes)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender (except the milk)
- Mix well for 5 – 8 mins
- Then add as much milk as desired
- Serve right away