Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!!
How have you all been? Its been a long time since I got down to blogging and trust me when I say, the last week has been such a life changer! Have you ever looked down from a flight that is just about to land? That moment when you see tiny cars and thin trees and wormy roads? That’s the moment you realize how small you really are! We have been travelling a lot for the last few days and I have come to the firm belief that, no matter how hard you try, some things cannot be controlled. Its sad when people who drink and smoke their whole lives, live happy without a care are fit as a fiddle while people who are so cautious about their physical and mental health might have the worst medical condition. I guess what I am trying to say is that, what really matters, is that you live each minute of each day to its fullest and you do your part. There is no point living a vegetarian life when our mind is full of vengeful thoughts. There is no need for an argument with your spouse when life itself is full of challenges thrown at you every day. Every time I have fought or scolded some one its makes me feel like all I did was bring negativity into the room and nothing stands a chance to improve.
While such tumultuous thoughts run through my head, my cup of hot green tea was beckoning for a little some thing to go along with it. Much to my dismay, reaching for the cookie jar had only resulted in a depressing after thought of how many calories I have to burn the next day or why my greedy tongue has not been able to make its peace with 3 cookies undoubtedly made with much more sugar than flour or butter 😛 . So here was my answer!
A simple #NO GLUTEN! NO FLOUR, REFINED SUGAR FREE COOKIE- ( OH! did i mention no butter too)
These are so really simple to make all you need is a fork and two bowls. So lets get to it ….
- Instant Oats – 2 cups
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Flax Seed – 3 tbsp
- Virgin Coconut Oil – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Palm Sugar – 1 cup
- Cinnamon Powder – 1.2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1.2 tsp
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix oats, flax see, raisins, palm sugar, cinnamon powder and give it a good mix with a fork ( make sure you do not have any lumps of sugar)
- In another bowl, crack open the egg. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract. Give it a good whisk with the fork
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the oat mixture and set aside to soak for 10 mins
- Then using the same fork give it a good mix once again to coat the oats well with the egg mixture
- Now using a small ice cream spoon or a normal spoon scoop out even portions of the oats and egg mixture and place on the baking tray
- Then with the back of the fork press down to flatten
- I like these nice and thin, so they snap when I bite into them
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 10 – 15 mins (till they turn light brown )
- Once they are done leave to cool completely – remember they will be soft when they come out of the oven but leave to cool completely and they will crisp up soon!!
- Store in an air tight container once cooled