Hello Everybody! It’s the weekend and I love Fridays!
Fridays for me means, more family time! With my husband and my baby. I get to cook what he likes, I get to see them both playing and having fun.
This time I decided I wanted to make a nice Kerala Style fish fry for our Friday night dinner. So here is the recipe.
- Netholli / Nethilli / Anchovies – 1 kg
- Chilly Powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp ( more if you like it spicy)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 8 – 10 leaves
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Oil – To fry the fish ( I used half a cup)
- Firstly clean the fist well. I do not like the head so I cut off the head, take of the scales and clean it well
- I also use green gram flour to clean my fish ( 5 – 10 times)
- Finally once your fish is nice and clean, drain out all the water and set it aside
- Now in another bowl, combine all the other ingredients except the oil
- Mix to for a nice paste like consistency
- Now add the cleaned fish to the “masala” paste and rub the masala well into the fish
- Let the fish marinate for at least 1 hour ( I leave mine over night in the fridge)
- Once you are ready to cook it ( make sure it is back to room temperature)
- Heat oil in your kadai ( or deep heavy bottom pot)
- Once the oil is nice and hot, slowly fry the fish in small batches of 5 -7
- Once fried set aside on a clean paper napkin
- Serve hot with freshly cut onions
You must be logged in to post a comment.