Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
So, how are you all doing today? I am back with another ‘detox-cleanser’ smoothie. Remember how I said, my mother always says, eat your colours! This smoothie stays true to that. But before I get to that I wanna share something with you all. I have reached an important milestone as a blogger. 🙂 My Instagram page has now reached 1000 followers!! How awesome is that!!
When I began blogging I never knew how rewarding it would feel to exchange and share ideas of food with all of you. I turned my private Instagram page to a public page only a few months ago. So yes I am going to say cheers to that with my Green Monster Smoothie. 🙂
This drink is not as filling as the smoothies that I make with oats but its more of a detox juice.
- Spinach is good source of Vitamin K, C, A and high in iron, magnesium and Folate. Basically that translates to lush hair, strong bones, clear skin and good blood circulation
- Celery helps to reduce bad cholesterol in the body and reduces inflammations. It is high in anti oxidants and vitamin K
- Apple – An apple a day ….. ??
Together this smoothie is sure to make your feel brighter, fresher and will uplift your mood any time any day!
- Celery – 2 stalks (chopped)
- Apple -2 ( cored and chopped)
- Pineapple – half ( skin cut off and flesh chopped)
- Spinach Leaves – 100 gms( cleaned and steam removed)
- Orange 1 ( juiced)
- Water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp (adjust according to taste)
- Ice Cubes – 6- 10
- In a blender bowl, add all the ingredients except water and honey
- Turn the blender on and add water as required to bring to the consistency you like
- Taste and add honey accordingly
- Add ice and give it a final blend
- Serve right away
Don’t you just love mint and chocolate chip! I do!! Yesterday seemed to be a brownie day so a decided why not make a mint chocolate chip brownie. I had a batch of cream cheese in the fridge too so I decided why not! Ha! The sad part of begin the only person in my house who knows to cook is that I can’t hope for some one to make a batch of nice home baked soft gooey brownies. But this recipe is not that hard to make so once its done, you do not have time to worry about being the only cook at home.
- Butter – 115 gms
- Chocolate Chips – 250 gms + 50 gms ( for cream cheese)
- Flour – 100 gms
- Sugar – 250 gms + 50 gms ( for the cream cheese)
- Eggs – 3 ( room temp)
- Salt – 1/4tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Cream Cheese – 200 gms ( room temp)
- Mint Extract – 1 tsp
- Green Colour – 4 – 5 drops ( depending on how green you want it)
- Egg yolk – 1
- Pre Heat your oven to 180 C and line your brownie tray with baking paper
- In a heat proof bowl, melt butter in a double boiler and add chocolate chips. Continue to stir till all the chocolate has melted
- Set aside the chocolate butter mixture to complete cool down. Meanwhile mix four and salt in another bowl
- Once it is at room temperature, add eggs and vanilla extract. Now add the flour to the wet ingredients one spoon at a time
- Do not over work the batter but mix till all ingredients have combined
- Now transfer 70 % of the batter into you prepare brownie pan
- In another bowl add cream cheese and sugar. Whisk till nice and creamy. Then add mint extract, egg yolk and colour as required
- Slowly spoon this mixture over the brownie mixture
- Then top off the cream cheese mixture with the left over chocolate batter
- Now run a butter knife through the batter to make swirls
- Pop the brownie tray into the pre heated oven and bake for 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
- Let it cool completely before slicing