Hello my wonderful readers!!
Its Monday already!! Every Sunday I catch myself saying “If only the weekend had one more day”!!! Ohh..
Unlike most people, weekends is when so much gets done at home. Cause that’s when I have help. Yes these are the words of a typical stay at home mum. And I love it
So this is how breakfast looked on Sunday morning. Soft, fluffy. lemony pancakes, with lightly grilled pineapple, fresh kiwi and a honey drizzle. Usually I make a typical south Indian breakfast on the weekends. But this time I wanted a change. Apart from breakfast smoothies, we usually have Dosas for breakfast. So these pancakes where a welcome change from the usual food. They are super simple to make and ideal for a family of 4. You could add what ever kind of fruit you prefer, I love fresh pineapples and I had a few kiwis in the fridge so I added them and they were awesome!!!
- Flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 5 tbsp (brown sugar)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 + 2/3 cup
- Eggs – 4
- Butter – 3 tbsp (melted and cooled)
- Salt – 1 tsp ( or to taste)
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tbsp
- Cottage Cheese – 1+ 1/2 cup
- Lemon – zest of one lemon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Whisk well with a dry whisk and set aside
- In another bowl mix lemon zest, milk, butter, vanilla essence and cottage cheese. Then separate the egg yolks and white.
- Add the egg yolks to the milk and butter mixture and whisk
- Whisk the egg white to soft peaks in a separate bowl – set aside
- Now add the egg yolk + butter + milk + vanilla + cottage cheese + lemon zest mixture to the dry ingredients
- Combine with a wooden spoon (do not over work the batter, its ok if there are a few lumps)
- Now divide the egg white mixture into 3 and slowly fold into the flour mixture
- Once all the egg white have been mixed your batter is ready
- Heat a non stick pan
- I use a large ice cream scoop so that I have equal quantities of batter for every pancake
- Pour the batter onto the hot pan. once you see bubbles form on the ends of the pancake flip and cook for 3- 4 mins on low
- Stack and serve with grilled pineapples, kiwi and honey!