Hello my Dear Wonderfull Readers!!
How are you all doing today? The weather here is slowly changing and the nights are getting colder. The evening’s are breezy and that is the perfect excuse to make hot samosas don’t you think? Traditionally, samosas are make with a potato based stuffing with a wide variety of spices. But today, I bring to you my perfect spicy twist to this much loved snack. Now given that it is only a snack, the idea of spending the least amount of time in the kitchen has to be a part of this recipe right? So I recommend buying samosa patty’s from your super market cause they save so much time!! So all you have to do, is make the filling, make the samosa cone and fry them!! So simple!
So firstly you need to know how to make the Achari Murgh. Now Achari Murgh literally translates to ” Pickled Chicken”. NO I am not going to ask you to pickle a chicken. We are going to cook the chicken in a medley of spices that usually are used while making pickles. The most prominent of these spices is the “KALONJI”. Samosas are the best sort of snack for a cold evening with a hot cup of coffee and this recipe is the right mix of spicy and crispy!
Ingredients for the stuffing :–
- Chicken – 500 gms ( minced)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi Seeds / Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 6 -8
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies – 2 ( chopped fine)
- Salt – according to taste
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Lime Juice – 5 tbsp
- In a large pan, add the minced chicken, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside to rest for 30 mins
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, heat oil in a large khadai
- Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, methi seeds, kalonji, mustard seeds and dry red chillies. Fry till the red chillies get roasted and plump
- Then add the green chillies and the marinated chicken
- Add the chilli powder and cook till the chicken is cooked well and all the water has evaporated.
- Set aside to cool down
Ingredients to assemble the samosa :-
- Samosa Patti / pastry – 1 pack ( around 15)
- Boiled Potatoes – 1/2 cup
- Deep fried Onions – 1/2 cup *
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup ( chopped fine)
- Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup ( chopped fine)
- Flour paste – add 2 tbsp of flour to 1 tbsp of water to form a thick paste (set aside)
- Oil – for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, boiled potatoes, mint, coriander leaves and fried onions. add salt to taste
- Using the samosa patti / pastry, fold to form a cone.
- Then stuff the cone with the chicken mixture
- Using the flour paste, seal the corners
- Deep fry the samosas and serve right away with spicy mint chutney