Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!!
How are you all doing today? So I am back with another smoothie recipe. This time its a sour smoothie but as most other smoothies I post, this one is packed with healthy goodness. By the way, have you guys watched the new Kung Fu Panda? I haven’t yet, but I plan to this week 🙂 Do suggest any new movies that you think are worth watching. We try watching movies that are “kid” friendly when my son is awake. We reserve the ‘Game of Thrones’ episodes and other action packed movies for when he is fast asleep. But half of the episodes/action movies are seen on mute (read subtitles), cause there is this constant fear of waking him up. Like they say, everything is a balance. Like when we go out, we take turns to eat, the same way at home also we take turns with who gets to change the diapers and who feeds him! Its all a balance.
Ok so back to the smoothie.
Cranberries are a huge source of Vitamin C and Manganese. It help fight cancer and urinary infections. Apples help fight Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. So on the whole this recipe is one that helps keep you fit and healthy. You can add more sugar / honey as you like. I used greek yogurt and milk. But you could use almond milk or any kind of milk as desired.
- Cranberries – 200 gms
- Apples – 2 ( cored and cut )
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 3 tbsp ( add more if required)
- In the bowl of your blender, add the cranberries, apples, cinnamon powder, yogurt and oats
- Turn the blender on medium speed and add milk. Adjust the consistency as you like
- Finally add honey into the blender bowl and taste
- Serve right away
- The smoothie might be a little sour so add as much honey as you like