Hello Wonderful Readers!!
Wonder if you have realized, but its getting really cold, really fast in Bangalore! I have been a Bangalorean for so long as I can remember and I can positively confirm that this is not how the weather pattern has been if we go back 10 years or so. The cold breeze now reminds me of the time I spent in a farm in Ooty; the only difference being the purity of the air.
Anyways, I am a firm believer of the adage that the best way to beat the cold is by making nice warm bowls of soup or curries. Don’t you think so? So here is my recipe for a simple creamy mushroom soup. Don’t forget to serve it piping HOT.
- Button Mushrooms – 600gms (halved)
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Leeks – 2 ( chopped)
- Red Onions – 1 ( medium chopped)
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Dry Parsley – 1 tsp
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Cheese – optional ( for garnish)
- Salt – to taste
- In a heavy bottom deep cooking pot, add olive oil and once the oil is hot; add bay leaves. Then add onions + leeks + ginger garlic paste
- Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Then add the chopped mushrooms
- Finally add dry parsley + water + salt ( 1 tsp)
- Cover the pot and let it come to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cook for 20 – 25 mins till the mushrooms are nice and dark grey. The mushrooms should be easily mashable with the back of your spoon
- Once they have cooked well, using a stick blender, blend the mushrooms to a nice thick paste
- Serve hot with freshly grated cheese and bread