Hello My Dear Wonderful Friends!
How are you all doing today? Yay, its almost the weekend and I can not wait for Saturday. Its been raining all week and my little boy is down with a cold, so I decided to make warm food and to begin my day with lots of nutritious fruits to keep me going. Pineapples help build and secure your immune system. They are anti inflammatory and also help in digestion. Kiwi also helps build immunity and is a good source of Vitamin C and then there is mango. Do you really need a reason to add mangoes in anything?? 😛
This time I used coconut water cause I wanted this smoothie to feel like a cocktail! ha.. so much for a clean mind and a clean diet! lol. The thing is, when you make smoothies every day, you really do not wanna get bored and our world is full of different kinds of fruits and vegetables and the permutations are endless! That being said, there are certain smoothies I just do not make, like pineapple and oats = yuck! Orange + yogurt = run to the bathroom!! etc!
All this fruit talk is making me hungry! OK, so I am going to run along and make some thing to eat while you check out my recipe for this refreshingly fresh and jazzy smoothie!!
- Mango – 2 cups
- Kiwi – 3
- Pineapple – 1 medium size
- Coconut water – from one large coconut ( add more if you do not like it thick)
- Palm Sugar – 1 tsp ( optional)
- Skin the mango and cut the fresh mango into large chunks and chuck right into the blender
- Then cut the kiwis into two and using a spoon scoop out the flesh
- Slowly slice off the skin of the pineapple and cut into small chunks
- Add all the fruits into the blender
- Finally break open a fresh coconut and add the water to the smoothie ( if you can use the flesh of the coconut as well)
- Give a good mix
- Serve into individual glasses with a slice of pineapple on top
Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
How was the weekend? We had an awesome time. It started with a birthday party on Friday evening. I absolutely love birthday parties and I love how children find the cutest and sweetest games to play all by themselves. The next day was fun too. I love places that serve awesome starters than you never get to the main course. By Sunday, all we wanted to do was watch a nice movie and have some cold soothing drinks. So that is when I made this drink. Its super simple and I dint want it to be all too sweet so I added a little twist. The fun part is that the spicy hot taste sinks in only at the end. Makes you wanna drink some thing sweet so you take the next sip. Its sweet and fresh and then the chilli hits you again! ha ha. Its a circle (but not vicious). But by the time you have had a couple of glasses you feel refreshed and happy 🙂
I do not buy the seedless kind of watermelon simply cause that would mean they are not organic and have been altered. We try not having any food that has been genetically alerted and try sticking to organic stuff. So I buy the normal kind and I cut it into 4 halves. Then I make long incisions along the line of the seeds. I may miss a few but I still think its better than the seedless kind.
- Watermelon – 1kg ( de seeded and cut to cubes)
- Green Chillies – 3
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes – 3 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Mint leaves – 1 cups (packed)
- Lime – 4
- In the bowl of your blender add the watermelon, honey, green chillies, water and half the ice cubes
- Then cut the limes into half and squeeze the juice into the blender bowl. I use my hand as a strainer just to make sure there are no seeds in the bowl
- Blitz till all the watermelon and green chilli is juiced well . Pour into your serving jug
- Pick a few of the mint leaves and thrown them into the serving jug. Using a muddler just press the mint leaves to release their minty flavour into the drink
- Throw in a few ice cubes into your serving glass and pour the watermelon juice
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves