Hello my wonderful readers!
How are you all doing today? The past week has been about getting Adi to do new activities such as take directions and do stuff on his own and its not been easy! But we are trying! OH and did I tell you? We have not switched on the TV for close to 5 days!! High five Baby!! Yes! Now on I have decided not to let the little man watch ANY TV! No screen time what so ever. Trust me its not been easy cause I have to find a hundred ways to keep him busy and I am running out of ideas. We read books and work out puzzles etc. We found a few games online like separating beans and stuff but nothing seems to be enough 🙂 So if you have any ideas on how to keep a 2.6 year old baby engaged then please do share.
Other than that, we are trying to go back to eating healthy. There was a time when this blog was filled with smoothies and healthy stuff and as you can see off late that has not been the case. When I mean healthy, I do not mean some strict diet that stops you from eating everything you like. We are trying to stay off refined sugar (like we did before) . Along this route its not easy to stay away from sugar so I am also trying to satisfy my sweet tooth with sugar free, sweet treats like these!
The bitterness of the dark chocolate, sweetness of dates, nuts, quinoa and coconut oil are all power packed ingredients that will keep you full and also give you a jolt of energy when you need a quick snack! I have used two ingredients to roll the balls and you could do it either way.
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Water – 1 + 3 /4 cup water
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Dark Chocolate – 1 cup ( chopped)
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Flax Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Dates – 8 ( soaked in water for an hour)
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- In a sauce pan, add the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil and then cook till all the water has evaporated. Set aside to cool
- In a pot heat a little water. Keep another sauce pan on top of the boiling water and add the chopped chocolate. Slowly stir till the chocolate has melted completely
- Now in the bowl of your blender add the cooked quinoa, salt, melted chocolate, dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract and blend
- It will take a while but will finally come together almost like bread dough.
- Empty the quinoa mixture into a glass bowl and cool in the fridge for an hour. By this time the mixture would have hardened
- Now using a table spoon scoop out one tbsp of the chocolate quinoa mixture. Insert one almond or cashew nut into the centre. Using your hands roll into a small bowl
- Then roll the ball either in flax seed or cocoa powder
- Set aside and refrigerate again!
- Your Healthy Quinoa Brownie Nutty Bites are ready!!