Who does’nt like a little cinnamon with crunchy sugar on a buttered waffle!
For the waffle
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
Eggs – 1 whole egg and one egg white
Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
Sugar (powdered) – 1 teaspoon
Butter (room temperature) – 25 gms
Milk – 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – just a pinch
Lets get cooking –
- Firstly preheat your waffle maker so its nice and ready for the batter.
- Combine flour, baking powder sand salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter till light and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and then the milk.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture making sure all the ingredients have combined well.
- Spour the required amount of batter into the waffle maker and let it cook till it is golden brown. ( I like mine just before they become too crisp)
- Take them out and add a big dollop of butter on both sides of the waffle.
- In another plate mix some sugar crystals and cinnamon powder ( I use a looot, just cause I love cinnamon)
- Dip the butter waffles in the sugar cinnamon mixture and there you have it!
Ps- My husband loves these with hershey’s chocolate syrup.