Hello my wonderful readers,
How are you all doing today? So today I am here with a simple no fuss snack thats is easy on the waist line and doesn’t feel like a salad at all. So every Friday my husband likes to unwind with a glass of scotch and he insists that I make some thing to go along with the drink. Inevitably I end up making something deep fried. So to change things up and keep it healthy, I decided to make these roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes and they were a HIT! They take close to no time to prep and once they are in the oven all you have to do is give them a toss in the half way through the baking time just to make sure they crisp up evenly.
The garlic and the rosemary boost the taste and flavour of the veggies.
- Brussel Sprouts – 500 Gms
- Onions – 2 large ( sliced)
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Rosemary – 4 to 5 sprigs
- Potato – 2 ( cut to wedges ) (cut them thin so they take the same time to cook as the rest of the ingredients )
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste ( use regular if not available )
- Olive oil for a generous drizzle
- Pre heat your oven to 200C
- Clean and cut the Brussels sprouts. Prep the onions, potatoes and rosemary
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients listed above
- Arrange the same onto a baking tray
- Drizzle olive oil and pop the tray into the oven. Bake for 40 mins or till the Brussels sprouts are crisp on the outside and the potatoes are cooked well
- Make sure to turn the veggies around, half way through the bake, to ensure that they cook evenly
- Once done, serve right away . We like it a little crisp and brown on the outside.
- You could also grate some cheese on top of the roasted veggies