This post is not much of a recipe post but I did want to include it cause it brings back wonderful memories of cold rainy days after college and this old selling steaming hot boiled peanuts, right outside the gates. Even today when its raining and cloudy, I can smell that salty peanuty air. I would get a handful for 10 Rps but it was so good! I could hear my moms voice asking me to think twice before popping one into my mouth. But I would quickly dismiss the thought as I would convince myself that the water was boiling and therefore did not really matter. But soon I realised that you could make the same thing at home. So this is my version of the boiled peanut 🙂
- Peanuts – 1/2 kg ( in the shell)
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- In a cooker add water and salt. Mix well.
- Then add the peanuts
- Turn on the flame and let the whistle blow 3 – 4 times
- Then turn off the flame and let the cooker let out all the steam on its own
- Finally open the cooker and serve right away!!
*Variations – You could add a little chilli powder or lime juice