Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!!
Its the weekend!! Yahoo.. Like all weeks, I couldn’t wait for the weekend! Yay. Ok so yesterday’s cricket match did not go as planned, but what can you do right? You win some and then you loose some. Oh well. So the weekend is here, so to start us of on a good, happy note, here I have a simple, easy recipe. It doesn’t take any prep time and once you get the mixing done all you need to do is pop it into the oven and you are done. I have to warn you, You house will smell like a deli right out of Italy! Ahh.
We had a dinner party a few weeks ago and I served these with some chilli garlic mayo and even before I could take off my mittens, they were over!! So yes they do not involve deep frying and not too much oil and the taste is just AWESOME !! I made these babies to go along with some burgers. The recipe for which I will post maybe tomorrow.
Potatoes are so versatile! You could just add any kind of spice mix and they are just awesome. i haven’t come across any one who does not like potatoes. Thank god 😛 . These are the prefect finger food to go with some nice beer or as snacks at a party or just to munch while watching “The Game of Thrones” ( yes I am a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggg fan 😛 )
- Potatoes – 5 large ( washed and chopped to long pieces)
- Italian Seasoning – 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Pre Heat your oven to 200 C – Line a baking tray with foil and set aside
- In a large bowl add the chopped potaotes
- Then add the Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, salt and Olive oil
- Give it a good mix, making sure to coat all the potato pieces with the spices
- Now drop the potatoes into the lined baking sheet and make sure to level out the potatoes.
- You do not want one potato piece over the other, then they wouldn’t cook uniformly
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 30 mins or till they turn golden brown
- Once done, serve right away with chilli mayo or any dip you like!!!