Hello my wonderful readers!
How are you all doing? This week is kinda special. My favourite aunt is down for a short trip to Bengaluru and so we have been spending most of the time with her. So coz of that I haven’t had time to photograph anything, so its just quick cooking, eating and shopping with the aunt. Also Mr R has been really unwell (down with the flu). So I have been juggling everything. The only thing I make sure I take a decent photo of is my breakfast and the photos are up on Instagram. So check out my profile and I would love to know what you think of it.
So last week my friend asked me if I could make an eggless bake and since I was so pressed for time, I baked this really simple Oreo Bar. They do not need any TLC and its eggless so why not? Also they do not use butter so you do not need to bring the butter to room temperature or anything like that. It is basically a one bowl thing and let me tell you, this is one quick and easy treat! Its not the typical cakey texture. Its like this fudgey dark chocolatey chunk that melts and balls up in your mouth and makes you feel like you are having a big Oreo Truffle! Well thats how I felt. Do give it a try.
- Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup (powdered + sifted)
- Coco Powder – 1 cup ( unsweetened and sifted)
- Baking Powder –
- Milk – 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Coffee Powder – 2tsp
- Oil – 6 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Oreos – A pack of 20
- Chocolate sauce – to drizzle over
- Salt – one pinch ( 1/8th tsp)
- In a heat proof bowl add half the milk and heat
- Add coffee powder to the hot milk and set aside
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the rest of of the milk + vinegar + oil and combine well
- With the paddle attachment on, run the mixer on medium till the mixture combines
- Then add the flour, sugar, coco Powder, pinch of salt and Baking Powder
- Once you see the mixture coming together, add the warm coffee milk
- Then add the vanilla extract and mix till well combines
- Finally the batter should be dense but leaves a ribbon when you dip the paddle into the batter and out!
- Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray
- Now separate the Oreo Biscuits into two and arrange over the batter how ever you like
- Bake at 180 for 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean