Hello my Dear Wonderful Readers!
How are you all doing today? Summer is here. Its just March and it is so hot and sticky that by afternoons I have to make tons of buttermilk and juice to keep my son hydrated. Given that little babies are always running around, they are constantly sweating and losing so much water from their bodies. While making the juice, it suddenly dawned on me that strawberries will be out of the market very soon. so before they go away for another year, I wanted to make the best of it with a little strawberry cream cheese tart. But I wanted my own little twist to it, so I added green cardamom powder to the filling. Oh! I would be lying if I said I dint have more than a piece of the tart. IT WAS HEAVENLY!! Its really simple to make and it doesn’t need a lot of prep work. You could buy pre baked short crust tart shells but there’s no fun in that. So I made my own from scratch.
I used the same recipe as I had for my White Chocolate Persimmon Tartlets. Do click on the link for that.
Now for the filling which is as easy as it gets!
- Cream cheese – 200 gms
- Heavy Cream – 200 ml
- Sugar – 4 – 5 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom Powder – 2 pinches
- Remember to cool the cream before you start using it. For best results use the cream directly from the fridge
- Next in the bowl of your stand mixer, add the cold cream and whisk on medium
- When you see the consistency go from liquid to soft peaks, add the cold cream cheese
- Whisk again on medium for a minute
- Then add the vanilla extract and green cardamom powder
- Turn the speed a little higher and add the sugar one table spoon at a time
- Once you are done with all the ingredients set to cool back in the fridge till your tart shells are ready
For the strawberries:-
I needed around 3 packs for strawberries but that depends on how you arrange the strawberries in the tart.
- Clean and wash the strawberries. Dry them completely
- Using a sharp knife, cut the tops off the strawberries in such a way that they would stand if kept inverted
Assembling the tart
- After the tart shells have cooled down completely, add the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture to the tart shell
- Evenly spread it throughout the shell
- If you find that the mixture is too thin, put the tart back in the fridge for 15 mins
- Then take it out and arrange the strawberries over it
- Finally dust with the powdered sugar
- Serve right away!!